SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing strategic Human Resources leadership for the company and setting the direction of the HR Department specifically in the areas of succession planning, compensation, benefits and the implementation of an HRIS database. This position provides overall leadership and guidance to the HR department by leading each of these Human Resources activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Establishes and implements HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the TIC vision and strategy.
- Develops long range HR plans and strategies that support the achievement of TIC’s business objectives.
- Acts as a strategic business partner to the executive/senior management team, reporting on trends and metrics as they relate to areas involving employees.
- Establishes a sound plan of management succession and ensures that effective programs are in place to develop internal candidates for future roles.
- Develops a comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plan to meet the human capital needs of TIC.
- Develops and implements comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective.
- Provides overall leadership and guidance to the HR department by overseeing all functions covered by the collective group.
- Provides HR direction for all non U.S. based business activity and recommends appropriate action as related to employees and staff at TIC facilities outside of the U.S.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures company’s compliance with all Federal and State legislation pertaining to personnel matters.
- Responsible for the development of annual HR budget.
- Provides a broad range of consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures. Facilitates communication among employees and management.
- Identifies and incorporates best practices and continual improvement initiatives into applicable company programs. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures TIC’s compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follows all company safety rules in performing job duties.
Directly supervises the Organizational Development Manager, and HR Generalists, and indirectly supervises all remaining staff within the HR department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Uses own initiative and exercises independent judgment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Business or Human Resource Management and ten years experience in HR Management, or B.S. degree in HR Management and 15 years of HR experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered. Minimum of 5 years experience in international HR capacity. SPHR certification required, GPHR preferred.
Send resume to: Human Resources, TIC Gums, Inc., 4609 Richlynn Drive, Belcamp, MD 21017 – or to email@example.com.