Locust Bean Gum
Locust bean gum is commonly used in foods as a thickener. It is derived from the Ceratonia siliquia tree which grows in the Mediterranean. TIC Gums also offers TICorganic® certified organic locust bean gum and locust bean gum systems.
- Prevents whey-off in dairy products
- Provides heat/shock resistance to ice cream
- Adds body and provides suspension to beverages
- Synergistic with xanthan and carrageenan
- Improves the texture of cream cheese and other pasteurized cheese products
- Replaces guar gum in many applications
|YouTube Series “Does This Have Gum In It” Demonstrates How Gums and Gum Systems Allow Fat Reduction|
In this latest episode of the popular internet series "Does This Have Gum In It?", host Harold Nicoll talks with Gum Guru® Maureen Akins about the benefits of using gums to replace or reduce fat content in cheese sauce without sacrificing key textur...