SUMMARY: Ingredion is hiring a QA Lab Technician based out of our TIC Gums location in Belcamp, MD. The Quality Lab Technician is responsible for performing routine laboratory tasks in accordance with well defined, detailed, and controlled lab procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Operate and maintain a safe, clean and accident-free laboratory environment.
- Prioritize and perform quality control and microbiological testing based on departmental goals and business needs.
- Perform non-routine and specialized testing in support of customers and departmental projects.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of laboratory data.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory instruments, ensuring calibration records and standards are maintained where applicable.
- Maintain the sample retention program.
- Recognize and report product non-conformances, findings outside of typical values, test method issues, equipment and product problems.
- Perform appropriate testing to aid in disposition determination.
- Write, revise and update laboratory work instructions, procedures and test methods, as needed.
- Coordinates with outside laboratories to submit samples and enter data for outside testing.
- Participate in Improvement of Quality Assurance and Food Safety systems through continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A bachelor’s of science in chemistry or related field is preferred
- Strong oral, written, and computer skills required
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Interested applicants may send resumes to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.