Belcamp, MD Location
SUMMARY: The Production Assistant – Set Ups operates and prepares equipment and materials to produce finished product. This position must complete the PA training program and pass the Production Assistant test within the first 90 days of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Operates and maintains a safe, clean, and organized work area following company policies and procedures including GMPs. Follows all company safety rules in performing job duties.
- Performs production set up duties such as:
- Pulls/stages raw material and finished goods as per the work order to support the production schedule
- Verifies and scans raw materials used in production against material list in the work order kit to ensure the correct quantities and lots are being used
- Loads raw materials into equipment
- Performs production pack-out duties such as:
- Prepares packaging for packing
- Fills packaging to specified weight and seals package
- Palletizes finished products
- Ensures equipment cleanliness and proper operation prior to producing goods. Performs light maintenance on dry mix equipment as necessary. Performs cleaning and sanitation on equipment including performing changeovers.
- Reports any material or mechanical discrepancies to supervisor
- Successfully completes the internal driver safety certification process.
- Ensure accurate deliveries of product between the production plant and the warehouse.
- Samples product as required by QA Lab.
- Performs sampling, re-labeling and repacking.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment such as forklifts including performing safety inspections.
- Maintains accurate documentation as related to various company procedures and guidelines such as ISO compliance and other regulatory standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associates of Arts degree preferred. Previous work experience in manufacturing environment desirable.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be able to operate forklift and manual hand-trucks, and work without close supervision.
Company offers attractive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) and profit-sharing bonus programs. Send resume to: Human Resources, TIC Gums, Inc., 4609 Richlynn Drive, Belcamp, MD 21017 – or to email@example.com.