SUMMARY: The QA Lab Technician, under general supervision, performs routine laboratory tasks in accordance with well defined, detailed and controlled laboratory procedures.
This is a full-time position including weekends. Standard schedule will include Saturday and Sunday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Operate and maintain a safe, accident-free laboratory environment. Maintain skills required to safely and properly operate specified laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Accurately perform physical and chemical quality control and microbiological testing in a timely manner.
- Maintain the sample retention program.
- Report product non-conformances and perform appropriate testing to aid QA Coordinator in disposition determination.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly calibration of Quality Assurance, Microbiological and Manufacturing laboratory equipment. Is responsible for the maintenance of all applicable lab equipment.
- Prepare Microbiological media, reagents, plates and tubes and dispose of this material properly.
- Enter, gather and maintain laboratory data and records as required.
- Recognize and report findings outside of typical values, test method issues, equipment and product problems.
- Assist in ISO-900l compliance for the Quality Assurance department.
- Follow all company safety rules while performing job duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One to two years of experience in a lab environment preferred. An Associate’s Degree or two years formal education in applied science, biology, or science technology desired. High school diploma or GED required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees within the organization.
SPECIAL SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Must be computer literate (Microsoft Word/Excel and specific lab software). Must be able to operate QA lab equipment.
Company offers attractive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) and profit-sharing bonus programs. Send resume to: Human Resources, TIC Gums, Inc., 4609 Richlynn Drive, Belcamp, MD 21017 – or to firstname.lastname@example.org