Locust Bean Gum
Locust bean gum is commonly used in foods as a thickener. It is derived from the Ceratonia siliquia tree which grows in the Mediterranean. TIC Gums also offers TICorganic® certified organic locust bean gum which is both certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Prevents whey-off in dairy products
- Provides heat/shock resistance to ice cream
- Adds body and provides suspension to beverages
- Synergistic with xanthan and carrageenan
- Improves the texture of cream cheese and other pasteurized cheese products
- Replaces guar gum in many applications