SUMMARY: The Sales Manager, EMEA is responsible for achieving sales revenue and market share targets by developing and executing business plans, coordinating with the Marketing team, and ensuring effective coverage of territories in support of the sales department. Targeted growth areas include Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Executes an effective strategic sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives; is accountable for meeting yearly sales growth goals.
- Is accountable for meeting targeted sales growth goals for assigned accounts. Meets targeted goals for new business growth. New accounts may be added upon approval.
- Serves as Strategic Account Manager for key international accounts.
- Manages relationships with assigned distributors and is responsible for meeting sales targets of these accounts
- Travels as needed up to 80% of time.
- Maintains an opportunity pipeline within CRM software (Salesforce) for accounts.
Activities to include, but limited to:
- Effectively opens, develops and closes opportunities within the pipeline with attention to valued-added and solution-based selling
- Provides management with accurate opportunity and territory forecasts based on pipeline and market analysis in a timely manner
- Communicates competitive sales information as appropriate and recommends actions pertaining to new product development, product improvement, marketing, pricing, and distribution
- Coordinates all customer needs for assigned accounts with the rest of TIC organization including such areas as marketing, technical, and customer complaints.
- Maintains the Salesforce database and corresponding activities.
- Stays abreast of current trends, market conditions, and technological advances through continued education.
- Develops and maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers.
- Follows all company safety rules in performing job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or related field, required. M.B.A. preferred. 5-10 years of international sales experience, Europe preferably, required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Food Science experience and/or education preferred.